Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update on our animalistic life

It has been a BUSY month. Wonderful, but busy. As I have already mentioned, in the beginning of the month we brought our new animals home. Since that, so much has happened! I do not know where to start from...

First of all, we did not only find lovely new pets, we also made new friends - and that is already a miracle! The former owner and her future (getting married in August) husband are now planning to move to the same city where we live. That's a real "WOW" - as their plans have radically changed.

It seems like the best things come unexpected. :)

I got the new saddle for Clara on Monday, when my husband and I tried both the horse and the saddle. I had ridden my girl only once before - as her hoofs were trimmed just a while ago - and then only with the halter. Today I went out with a friend and her horse - and Clara behaved very nicely and seemed to enjoy our little trip.

Pelle, the donkey, has won everyone's affection and love is being poured on him. Amanda takes good care of him - and they are still in the battle of wills... Pelle has won a few rounds, as one can see from the photo - however, Amanda seems to be winning the war. :) She is one tough chick! After Pelle had got her off the "saddle" (he has no saddle...) about six times, she came up with the idea to put a stir-up-leather around him - and now she holds onto that and Pelle just cannot figure out why she does not fall off anymore.

Yrjö, the goat, has moved to our not-yet-finished house. Not INTO it, he lives in the cage built for our dogs and sleeps gladly in the dog-house. It is heartbreaking to hear him calling after us as we leave for home. One more reason why we want to be able to move SOON.

About moving, then... my dad came over to help with the building. Ari (my father-in-law) was there as well, as was my hubby, Roope. Little by little the house seems more like a home and we are hoping more and more that we will be able to move in sometime this summer. THAT would be one long-term dream come true!

So, buzy-buzy-bees, that's what we are. Life is all about work, building, animals and sleep - not much more. But it is the life we have chosen, and I do not regret at all. We are living in a dream come true.

No comments: