Saturday, March 20, 2010

My first attempt on Easel Card


The other day I went through some boxes that have been storaged for some years. I found a card with a poem that I thought I'd like to scrap or something. It became that "or something." I found a Magnolia challenge and there people were asked to make an easel card. I had never made one, but decided to pick up the challenge.

About the poem, I did not remember ever even hearing the whole thing. I had gotten a small book mark from a friend (and I bet he does not remember giving it any more than I remembered having it!) back in 1995! If you cannot read it on the card, this is how it goes:


God made the world with its towering trees,
majestic mountains and restless seas,
then paused and said, "It needs
one more thing -
someone to laugh and dance and sing,
to walk in the woods and gather flowers,
to commune with nature in quiet hours."

So God made little girls
with lauhging eyes and bouncing curls,
with joyful hearts and infectious smiles,
enchanting ways and feminine wiles,
and when He'd completed the task He'd begun,
He was pleased and proud of the job He'd done.
For the wold when seen through a little girl's eyes,
greatly resembles Paradise.

-author unknown-

4 comments:

Kahvinpapu said...

Ihana kortti! Värit ovat niin aurinkoiset ja iloiset -tuo taiteltu korttipohja malli on tosi kiva!
Mukavaa sunnuntaita!

Anonymous said...

Hyvin kauniita kortteja sulla.
Ihastuttavan lumoavaa työtä!:)

PäiviR said...

Kaunis kortti.
Eipä osuvampaa runoa tähän korttiin voisi löytyäkään.

Marge said...

Oih, ihana kortti ja superihana runo!!!