Monday, December 15, 2008

This time of the year


Peace and Good Will... Sure, that's what God had in mind when He gave His Only Son. We, humans just are so talented in making "good use" of God's great gifts and somehow things always get a bit twisted, a bit "not quite so". By now, most people are somewhat stressed by the fact that not all presents are bought, or they forgot to send someone a Christmas card, or they have not had the time to clean up the house nor decorate it, or that the money they thought to spend on Christmas has gone to pay the bills, etc. etc. We all know it - peace seems to hide from us and under stress Good Will sounds more like a movie title than a reality in our life.

However, it IS Christmas time, the favorite time of the year for many. I don't mind it either, as there are things that make it enjoyable.

I love Christmas decorations, and I just love the fact that it is my responsibility to decorate at work. By now I even have had the time to put up something to our own front door. Every time I come home at the dark, it shines a little bit of Christmas into my heart and mind...

Yesterday evening a little bit bigger piece of Christmas was given to me. Pelle, our donkey, had a role in a local Christmas celebration. He was the donkey (wow! Who could have guessed??) in the Christmas story presented to people of our "village". He did well and everyone just loved him. "Is it a REAL donkey?" was asked quite a few times. Pelle enjoyed all the pats and scratching, and even amused the folks by a couple of I-OOH's, the typical donkey hellos. Too bad I did not have a camera with me!



And I AM dreaming of a white Christmas. The little snow we have already make a great big difference; it is not that dark as the snow reflects the light. However, the snow has come and gone and it is awfully slippery everywhere. There is no way we could ride or drive our hooflings at the present time. So, we are praying for snow, good 10-20 centimeters of it. At least. THAT would be something!

No comments: