Monday, April 21, 2008

Getting things ready



Spring is here. There are so many things to do, so we're ready for the summer. First of all, I have been making some summer decoration at work. The picture of the sun and the bird house is from my work place. I made it for the door some weeks ago already. Since that we have been getting ready to welcome the growth season, for example, by planting some seeds - they are well on their way by now. We also worked some on the garden. Some of the kids were happy to help with planting and trimming the bushes. We also raked and cleaned the dog's cage. Who would thing that working at children home is such physical labor!

Last two days I have been working at a pasture by a friend's house. On saturday there was a lot of carrying logs and raking the upper part (dry, forest base) of it. Yesterday we had a crowd; the already mentioned friend and her 11 yrs old twins, another friend with her two little boys and I - plus two dogs running around. We finished clearing the upper pasture and - believe or not- RAKED the field base! I know some (most?) people would think us having totally lost it, however, we need this part of the field ready for use by May 1. So anything working for that purpose is worth trying. As you see, we ruthlessly used child labor. LOL

Both evenings, as I drove home, it was already getting dark. Every part of my body ached, but a good night sleep was quaranteed. Why is it still so long until May??


No comments: