Monday, February 11, 2008

Sticks and stones can break your bones...

Weird thing happened - the Blogger has been telling me for a couple of days that my e-mail address does not exist... Today I finally got it working. So, here I am again.

Now to this day. I might have broken rib bones... We were dragging an old sleigh (do not ask more!) with a friend and my feet slipped and I fell down hitting my ribs on the single large stone that was peaking through icy snow. In addition, I felt my brain (YES! I HAVE BRAIN!!) shaken and most likely had also a minor concussion. Just my luck! This was yesterday. My friend drowe us home with our chevy van (she was not too happy, as she had never driven one before), I took some medicine that Roope got to be used after his surgery... and went to bed.

This morning I tried to get a doctor's appointment... and did not get one until WEDNESDAY. So, now I am off the work on my own notice only. I could have gone to see the nurse, but I feel too sore to move around too much, so I just wait. However, the fact is that it does not matter too much whether I broke the bones or just hit myself hard - rest and pain killers are the only means to help. The length the healing takes is the only variable.

Ok, BEFORE the sleigh-incident we had spent a night at friend's cottage. THAT was nice. Truly refreshing. Sauna, candle light and fire in the fireplace, dogs running around until they could not stay awake anymore... That was a true break from everyday life.

The picture is of my friend's daughter, Amanda and our briard, Beni. As some of you know, Beni came to us because the previous owners could not handle him and he had bitten people a couple of times. Quite a different dog nowadays, eh? He did not know any children back then, and we still keep a careful eye on him, but look at these two now! He is all different dog!

2 comments:

Minnis said...

Mukava lukea tällainen selviytymistarina kodinvaihtajabriardista! Mistä päin Beni alunperin on lähtöisin? :)

Anonymous said...

Ja mua vaan nauratti koko ajan :)
Pyryharakka